7 Ways to Enhance your Brochures
Once you are done with the basics of print brochures, you might want to try a few polishing steps for your brochure printing designs. In my experience as a brochure designer and marketer, I have found 7 different and simple ways to enhance my brochure printing. In this guide, I will share with you these 7 ways so that you too can easily enhance your color brochures. So let us get started first with some text effects.
1. Adding text effects – Your text in your color brochures should not be boring. They should not just be blocks of simple text. To enhance your custom brochure’s looks, you can try adding text effects to make your text more interesting.
For example, you can try using bold and italic effects to make important words and phrases pop out. Also, you can try using different font styles in different sections of the brochure to make sure that other sections get more intense attention. Beyond this, you can also try adding special effects such as shadows, text color strokes and even text texture effects to make your headings and titles look impressive. By using these different effects, you can make your text content more interesting, eliminating the boredom that coincides with blocks of paragraphs.
2. Adding image effects – You can also try adding extra image effects to enhance the look of your color brochures. For example, you can frame your images in a border, or even add shadow effects make them lift off the page of the color brochure. It is also possible to filter some of your images to make them look like they were printed from posters, newspapers etc. Depending on your theme, there are a lot of special image effects you can use to integrate your images well into the custom brochure design. Your images should be more interesting with these effects, helping you create a more eye-catching color brochure. So do not forget to add those image effects.
3. Adding background effects – The background of your color brochures can also be changed to enhance the color brochure’s looks. Instead of using a plain white background, you can easily change this to a colored background if you want. You can use this background color to make your color brochures look more distinctive that other rival custom brochures. Just try to use a color that is easily noticeable and not in common use to get the best effect.
4. Using better brochure materials – You can also improve your color brochures effectively by just using better brochure printing materials. Instead of the standard paper used in brochure printing, you can try paying for more special paper materials. There are thick paper materials for durability, textured paper for that special texture effect. There are also special glossy brochure printing materials that add that gleam and profess\sional look in brochure printing. All these have their effect unto the brochure design itself. So make sure you choose your brochure printing materials wisely, but make no mistake, all these different materials will improve your color brochures for the better.
5. Using better inks – It is also possible to use glossy inks in your color brochures to improve the look and quality of the printing. Glossy inks basically are special metallic inks that makes printed elements gleam in the light. If your brochure printing company can do this, I suggest that you try to avail it for your brochure prints.
6. Using better folds – If trifold brochure printing is already getting boring, another good way to enhance your color brochures is to use better brochure folds. Beyond trifolds, you can also try to use Gate fold brochures, French fold brochures and even Z-fold brochures. These other folding types can help you make your brochures look more original and unique. Just make sure that you choose the best configuration for your content and message.
7. Go beyond printed effects – Finally, you can also go beyond printed effects in your brochure printing to enhance your color brochure’s looks. For example, you can try to add studs, ribbons, cut outs and other extra elements into your brochure printing to make the brochure look more beautiful. It will add more hard work to brochure printing, but many readers will find that extra design element quite memorable, improving not only the looks of your custom brochure, but also its impact. So try to go beyond printed effects when possible.
So those are the 7 ways to enhance your color brochure easily. These polishing techniques should add that extra effect in your designs that will make all the time and money spent in brochure printing worth it. Good Luck!
At Flyersdirect we produce high-end full-color custom designs and print at an affordable price, with an extremely rapid turn-around time. Printing is done in house in Tempe, AZ. We also serve Scottsdale, Chandler, Ahwatukee, Phoenix, Mesa, and any of the lower 48 states.
Flyersdirect 305 S. Rockford Drive, Tempe, AZ 85281, 800-836-2993